Lenovo is a US$34 billion personal technology company and the world's largest PC vendor. We have more than 33,000 employees in more than 60 countries serving customers in more than 160 countries. A global Fortune 500 company, we have headquarters in Beijing, China and Morrisville, North Carolina, U.S.; major research centres in Yokohama, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan and Shenzhen, China; and Morrisville; and we have manufacturing around the world from Greensboro, North Carolina and Monterrey, Mexico to India, China and Brazil.
Lenovo has been the fastest-growing major PC company for more than 4 years, but we're much more than a PC company. We create a full range of personal technology, including smartphones, tablets and smart TVs. We're the fourth largest smartphone company in the world, and are expanding rapidly to new markets. And we're already #3 in the world in what IDC calls "Smart Connected Devices," which combines PCs, smartphones and tablets.
It's all part of what we call the "PC+" world, where people use PCs as well as a range of smart devices that are, at their heart, PCs. In this PC+ era, a singular focus on outpacing the competition in terms of market share, profit, ranking, etc. is not enough. To be a truly innovative company, we will create new categories of products that enhance the customer experience and differentiate us from the competition. Finding the right balance between these two forces is what we strive to do on a daily basis.
Lenovo's end-to-end business model for vertical integration leverages owned manufacturing capabilities for greater control over both product development and supply chain operations. This model is unique among major PC makers and is a significant source of competitive advantage, helping us to bring more innovation to market, more efficiently, and aggressively attack the PC+ opportunity.
And as Lenovo expands globally, we are establishing even deeper roots in each major market, investing not only in sales and distribution, but also in local domestic manufacturing, R&D and other high-value functions. This global reach with local excellence is enabling us to build a new kind of company - a "global-local" company - and positions us to more deeply implement our protect and attack strategy and build the foundation for long-term success.
Lenovo has consistently outgrown the worldwide PC market in unit shipments and gained market share across all geographies, products and customer segments, making it the fastest growing major PC company in the world for three years running.
- We are the number one PC company in China, Japan, Russia and Germany.
- We are the number one PC company in the world for large business and the public sector.
- We have been the fastest growing major PC brand for the past 3 years.
- We make the best-known PC notebook in the world. It's a ThinkPad—and in 20 years, more than 90 million of them have been sold.
- In two years, we built a smartphone business from scratch and reached #4 in the world. We are now rapidly expanding to new markets.
- We have launched a family of convertible PCs that combine the best features of both notebook PCs and tablets, leading a new category of personal technology.
Lenovo's business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. The company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services for customers who want technology that does more— because people have a lot more to do. Our product lines include legendary Think-branded PCs and Idea-branded PCs, as well as servers, workstations and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones.
We have a long-term goal of becoming the leading personal technology company in the world. We aspire to achieve this goal by leading in three key areas:
- Personal Computers: Lead in PCs and be respected for our product innovation and quality.
- Convergence: Lead the industry with an ecosystem of devices, services, applications and content for people to seamlessly connect to people and Web content.
- Culture: Become recognised as one of the best, most trusted and most well-respected companies to work for and do business with.
And we want to do it the right way— the Lenovo Way— with our own perspective, our own global point of view and our own commitment to building technology for people who view technology as a tool to accomplish great things.